Digital Learning in Schools for Windows Users
The sessions in this course are specifically designed to assist you in successfully implementing digital education, or eLearning, in your school. Sessions 1-3 focuses on the theory behind eLearning, technical aspects of eLearning in your school, as well as how to effectively manage and use ICTs in a school environment. Sessions 4-6 look at content creation for tablet devices, as well as more advanced apps for demonstrations as well as online assessment tools. Sessions 7-9 investigates learning management systems, games and gamification in the classroom. This course consists of 9 sessions.
- Session 1: Why eLearning? – Learn about the importance of eLearning to prepare yourself, your learners and your school for the 21st Century.
- Session 2: Getting technical – Learn about different devices, their technical specifications, and the various operating systems available to you.
- Session 3: Management and usage of ICTs in schools – This
session is currently under construction – stay tuned!
- Session 4: Content for tablet devices – Learn about the different types of content that you can use in the classroom, as well as developing your own eBooks.
- Session 5: Apps for teachers for demonstrations and content creation – Learn about the integrated use of apps in the classroom, as well as useful apps for you and your learners.
- Session 6: Online Assessment Tools – Learn about assessment in the 21st Century, as well as how to make use of various online assessment tools.
- Session 7: Learning management systems – Learn about Learning Management Systems, what they can be used for, and investigate different available systems.
- Session 8: Games teach too – Learn how to effectively use games in education, and discover useful resources and ideas for the classroom.
- Session 9: The gamification of education – Learn about the theory of gamification, and explore a real-life gamification platform for any classroom.
CPTD Points: 5 per session / 45 for the course
Cost: R125 per session / R1 125 for the course