Google and Google Apps on Android and Tablet Devices
The sessions in this course are specifically designed to equip you with the necessary skills to successfully use the various Google Apps in your classroom. These sessions will introduce you to world of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, as well as the many other free tools available from Google to turn your classroom into a 21st Century learning environment. This course consists of 8 sessions.
- Session 1: The Google Apps package and Google Drive – This introductory session explores the various Google Apps as well as Google Drive, the powerful cloud storage app.
- Session 2: Google Docs – Learn about Google Docs, the online word processing software. You’ll have access to your docs anywhere on Earth!
- Session 3: Google Calendar and Google Slides – Learn about Google Calendar and Google Slides – organise your online life and make amazing presentations!
- Session 4: Google Hangouts – Learn about how to use Google Hangouts, the chat and video call app, in a meaningful way for your class.
- Session 5: Creating my own teaching and learning content – Learn how to use the internet to create your own teaching and learning content, and explore copyright and Open Source.
- Session 6: Google Apps that will open a new world to your learners – Learn about Google Earth and Google Maps, and how you can use these amazing programmes in your classroom.
- Session 7: Streamline your class with Google Forms – Learn about Google Forms, and how to it in your classroom with quizzes and assessments, and so much more!
- Session 8: Google Sheets – Learn about Google Sheets, and how to successfully use this powerful spreadsheet programme in your classroom.
CPTD Points: 5 Type 3 per session / 40 for the course
Cost: R125 per session / R1 000 for the course