Know and use your Windows Tablet Device
The sessions in this course are specifically designed to help you familiarise yourself with your Windows tablet device. Sessions 1-3 focus on the physical tablet, connecting to the internet and personalising your device. Sessions 4-6 explore the world of apps, the internet and more advanced personalisation. Sessions 7-9 will make you truly comfortable with your device, and finally prepare you to take it to school for teaching. This course consists of 9 sessions.
- Session 1: All about Windows tablet devices – Learn about the different types of tablets in this session that focuses on the physical qualities of the Windows tablet device.
- Session 2: Making contact with the world with my Windows tablet device – Learn about using email on your Windows tablet device in this session that focuses on setting up and using an email account.
- Session 3: My Windows tablet device is mine! – Learn about personalising your Windows tablet device in this session that focuses on using your tablet meaningfully.
- Session 4: There’s a Windows app for that – Learn all about apps in this session that explores what apps are, how to use them, and where to find them.
- Session 5: Finding it on the internet – Learn about effectively using the internet on your Windows tablet device in this insightful session on browsing the web.
- Session 6: Making the Windows tablet device work for you – files – Learn about different files on your Windows tablet device in this introductory session documents, spreadsheets and slide shows.
- Session 7: Making the Windows tablet device work for you – calendars and data management – Learn how to successfully use the calendar and contact apps, and how to manage your data on your device.
- Session 8: Making the Windows tablet device work for you – eBooks and eReaders – Learn how to effectively read on your tablet device in this session on eBook, eReaders, Open Source content and Creative Commons.
- Session 9: Taking the Windows tablet device to school – Learn
about how to use your tablet for educational purposes in this session on how to use your tablet device at school.
CPTD Points: 5 Type 3 per session / 45 for the course
Cost: R125 per session / R1 125 for the course