Teaching for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
ARE YOU PREPARING YOUR LEARNERS TO LIVE SUCCESSFULLY IN THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION (4IR)? A lot is being said about the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and the need to be ready for it. While there are lots of frightening statistics and scary stories, there is not a great deal of understanding of what the Fourth Industrial Revolution is exactly, and what we need to do to be active participants in it. Education is meant to be the way to facilitate a positive future for our youth; but, what does that mean for you the educator? Via Afrika’s online course, Teaching for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, has been written specifically for educators to help you prepare yourself, and your learners, for successful and effective lives as we continue deeper into the Fourth Industrial Revolution. This course consists of 9 sessions.
- Session 1: Getting to the Fourth Industrial Revolution – Learn about how we got to the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and what it is.
- Session 2: Augmented Reality (AR) – Learn what Augmented Reality (AR) is, and how you can use it in your teaching.
- Session 3: Virtual Reality (VR) – Learn what Virtual Reality (VR) is, and how you can use it in your teaching.
- Session 4: Big Data – Learn what Virtual Reality (VR) is, and how you can use it in your teaching.
- Session 5: Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Everyone’s talking about AI. Join the conversation by learning the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence in this session.
- Session 6: Coding – Coding is a key technology required to excel in the 21st Century. This session explains what it is, and why it’s important for you.
- Session 7: Robotics – What are robots? Will they take over the world? How do we use robotics in the classroom? Do this session to find out.
- Session 8: GenReady for the 4IR – How do you make sure that you’re ready to teach effectively in the Fourth Industrial Revolution? How to you maximise on trends, technologies and tools in your 21st Century classroom?
- Session 9: Other 4IR Technologies and Applications – Now that you’re a member of GenReady, it’s time to explore more technologies and their application in an educational context.
CPTD Points: 5 Type 3 per session / 45 for the course
Cost: R125 per session / R1 125 for the course