Manage Teaching and Learning
Manage Teaching and Learning,’ is a MUST for teachers going into leadership and management positions in their schools. It is based on a module of the same name that was once a core module for the Advanced Certificate in Education and is now core module for the new level 6 School Manager’s qualification.
The course covers the following topics:
- How to lead and manage the planning, implementation and monitoring of teaching and learning in your school;
- How to ensure quality learning is taking place in particular subjects/learning areas/phases; and
- How to create, manage and sustain a safe, caring and disciplined environment.
The course covers the following:
- What is learning?
- Different Teaching Methodologies
- Establishing a Learning Culture and Conducive School Climate
- Why School Leadership Matters.
- Role of the Principal as Team Leader.
- South African Schools in the context of 21st Century Teaching and Learning.
- Creating, Managing and Sustaining a Safe, Caring and Disciplined Environment Planning
- Implementing the Curriculum Human Resources Management
- Timetabling Curriculum Data Collection and Management.
CPTD Points: 15 Type 3 Points